At the London 2019 World Para Swimming Championships, Matthew Cabraja set personal best times in the 100-m freestyle S11 and in the 200-m individual medley SM11, finishing 12th in both events.
At the 2018 Pan Pacific Para Swimming Championships in Cairns, Cabraja earned a silver medal in the 100-m backstroke S11. He also captured bronze in the 50-m freestyle S11 and the 200-m individual medley SM11.
Cabraja will be making his Paralympic Games debut in Tokyo.
2019 IPC World Championships… 2018 Pan Pacific Championships… In 2017 he received a COBRA Swim Club Special Achievement Award… In 2016 he received a Brampton Citizen Award for Sport Achievement
Is an avid guitar player who entertains his teammates on the road… His sister Victoria Cabraja competed in the sport at the university level in Canada… He was born blind in his left eye and lost his vision in his right eye at age nine after surgery was unable to correct a retinal detachment and cataracts.
NOTABLE INTERNATIONAL RESULTS
- 2019 IPC World Championships 100m freestyle 12th
- 2019 IPC World Championships 200m individual medley 12th
- 2018 Pan Pacific Championships 100m backstroke 2nd
- 2018 Pan Pacific Championships 50m freestyle 3rd
- 2018 Pan Pacific Championships 200m individual medley 3rd