To meet our athletes is incredible,
To hear their stories is unforgettable,
And to watch them compete will change you forever.
Paralympic athletes train hard, compete with intensity and push the boundaries of human achievement. Their disability doesn’t make them different. They are athletes first – they do it for the athletic achievement and competition. They are driven by their pursuit of excellence.
Join the Paralympian Facebook group
Are you a current or retired athlete looking to engage in the Para Sport community? Join our Facebook group, The Paralympian!
This group is exclusively for Canadian Para athletes, pilots and guides who have competed for Canada at Paralympic Games and/or Parapan Am Games. Here, you will be able to find all the news, opportunities and events related to the Canadian Paralympic Team.
Sign up for the athlete's newsletter
Every month we send out “The Paralympian”, an e-newsletter to our athletes and alumni with upcoming competitions, updates, athlete resources, and events that you can get involved in.
Sign-up here to receive the monthly newsletter, you won’t want to miss it!
Are you a Para athlete looking to give back to the community and the Paralympic movement? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest, and we will be in touch with what’s coming up next and how you can get involved.
See below for a list of resources. If you have any questions about the following programs/organizations, please reach out to email@example.com.
- Athlete Assistance Program (AAP)
- Canadian Anti-Doping Program (CADP)
- Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport (CCES)
- Canadian Sport HELPline (Safe Sport)
- Game Plan
- Own the Podium
- Olympic and Paralympic Sport Institutes (COPSI) Network
- Safe Sport Training (Coaching Association of Canada)
- Sport Dispute Resolution Centre of Canada (CRDSC / SDRCC)
- Sports Information Resource Centre (SIRC)
- World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA)